Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas of Dreams - Day 4

Welcome back from a great weekend!
Today is Day 4 of the Christmas of Dreams Blog Party hosted by MomDot.com

Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama

What is your favorite Holiday recipe?
This one is from a "Scrappin_Fun" friend (Michelle)
They are SO easy and everyone loves them.. Including ME.

Cheesecake Cupcakes

Whip with Beater:
1 lb room temp cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
in 24 muffin pans- use liners, place 1 Nilla Wafer in each. fill 3/4 full with mixture. Bake at 375 for 10 min. Chill and spoon cherry pie filling over each. 1 can is usually enough.
Two things with this recipe, make sure all lumps are out, that's why the cream cheese needs to be room temp, and don't overbake. They are delicious and pretty!


Describe your Holiday table.
It's round and made of wood! (I know, a real wiseass, huh?)
Around the holidays I do throw on a Holiday table cloth that I bought a few years ago.
It's a beautiful deep red with embossed leaves.. I really love it! BUT it usually
gets washed about 15 times during the holiday season. (Messy BOYS!)
On Christmas Eve I'll put out some tall lit candles and lots of yummies to enjoy.
(not much else though, those boys do not help in this department)

What is your biggest Holiday cooking disaster?
Which one isn't? I'm a horrible cook so there's almost always
"something" that gets ruined. Cookies, breads, rolls... something along
those lines. BUT I keep trying!
I really can't think of my Biggest Disaster... just a bunch of little ones.
(but my family is use to it, it happens weekly!)

Anyone else have a yummy recipe to share?
How about a funny cooking disaster?

15 comments:

Erin Tales 11:42 AM  

Thank you for sharing the recipe for Cheesecake Cuppcakes. I think my mom would like that!

MMJ 12:42 PM  

Those sounds divine! Think I may have to try these...sounds super easy!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama 12:53 PM  

Whoa those cupcakes sound sooo good!

Cat@3KidsandUs 1:41 PM  

Ohh I love anything cheesecake!

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew 2:25 PM  

Your little cheesecakes look cute and yummy! Thanks for sharing. I'm like you, I could think of many times when I've screwed up cooking. Not that I'm a bad cook or anything, I just try things and they don't work out.

Good thing our house backs up to a field. The kids call it coyote-land! That's where most of my boo-boos end up - for the bunnies and birds and coyotes!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind 2:26 PM  

Our table is like yours, except its round - LOL! Glad to see there are a lot of other cooking-challenged moms.

Christina 3:40 PM  

That sounds soo good!!

Cathy 3:51 PM  

Those cheesecake cupcakes sound wonderful!

Tena 4:24 PM  

You said my favorite word... CUPCAKES!!!
Ü

Anonymous 6:27 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad to meet a fellow little-disaster-prone mother!

Staci A 6:45 PM  

The cheesecake cupcakes sound delicious! We've made something similar, but never though to put the wafers at the bottom. I'll definitely be trying it next time.

Anonymous 6:46 PM  

My mom did something like this only she'll switch up the wafer at the bottom. Sometimes she'll use a thin mint (with the cherries ahhhh) and once I think she used a PB girl scout cookie...

Here's My Day 4!

Anonymous 10:26 PM  

oooh you had me at cheesecake! Sounds awesome!

Sarah 4:07 PM  

I might have to pirate those cupcakes for the Christmas Eve party this year. Think it'll get me out of the cherries?

Momstart 4:20 PM  

cupcakes ohhhhhhhh yummy

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP