for the week of July 29.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
for the week of July 29.
Monday, July 28, 2008
1. What kind of shoes are you wearing? Tennis shoes (planned on walking today, but went out to lunch instead... not good! BUT my salad was yummy!)
2. Have you ever slapped someone? if so, tell me about it.
hmmmm, I don't think I have, or at least I don't remember doing it.
3. Do you use a daily face cream? If so what do you use? Right now I'm using Dove daily.
(but I really like Arbonne)
4. What's your favorite restaurant?
5. What's you favorite thing to order at your favorite restaurant?
Crab Cakes and Bang Bang Shrimp
6. What would you order to drink at your favorite restaurant?
Nice glass of Merlot
7. Could you make that same favorite dish at home?
me? NO WAY!
8. What did you get in trouble for, when you were a kid?
Fighting with my brother (constantly) I was NOT nice!
9. What really gives you the creeps?
10. Did you have a nickname in middle school or high school?
yep, Chicken Butt. Nice huh?
TAGGING these bloggers:
(if you don't want to post on your blog... just answer here
and share your blog link... thanks!)
1. Cents & Sensibility
5. ANYONE else who would like to answer!
Posted by Melissa at 4:04 PM
Just a quick update -- didn't want to forget to write this down.
Last week we were sitting at the dinner table and Jacob was pickin' at his
food and wouldn't eat.. (no surprise there!)
But I asked him why, and he says "Momma, I'm just a boy who wants to play!"
HE was so serious... it totally cracked me up.
THEN later that same night, Lukas hurt his hand on something (not sure what)
but he came crying to me saying "Momma, my uncles are bleeding!"
I said "Your what?"
Lukas "My Uncles"! "See!" (as he points to this knuckes, which by the way, were not bleeding)
Man, I love these guys!
Posted by Melissa at 11:44 AM
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
So another round of cool little Etsy shops I adore!
LOVIN' the pink and brown combo.
cute little quilt like purse
2. MiaBeads (Eclectic Mix of Baubles & Beads by Mia!)
I'm looking for a locket and I really like this one:
Love these little glass flower ear rings
AND for my Chi-O sisters out there --
(ok so it's not cardinal or straw, but dang, it's pretty!)
Small little shop, but very COOL wine racks.
I need to put this one on my wish list.
Ok, enough virtual shopping for today... Gotta get back to work.
Posted by Melissa at 11:45 AM
Monday, July 21, 2008
and tag at least 5 people. Come on, join the fun!
1. What is the one Website you visit almost everyday? Google (gmail mostly)
2. Do you have a IM account? if so with whom? (IM=Instant Message) Way too many.. AOL, AIM, Oracle, Myspace, etc...
3. What grocery store do you shop at the most? Winn Dixie, but I don't like it.
4. What brand of Shampoo do you use the most? (or like the most?) Pantene
5. What Internet Browser do you use? IE
6. For editing Photos, what software do you use? Photoshop Elements
7. What are you paying in gas this week? $3.95/gallon
8. What are you going to be when you grow up? Retired
9. Do you subscribe to your local newspaper? what's the name? YES, Mobile Register
10. What's one of your favorite songs from the 70's? Another one Bites the Dust by Queen (hehe)
See, not your same ole Where have you worked, where have you lived, what's your favorite color... I'll try to make these questions just a little different. What do you say? Wanna Play?
Posted by Melissa at 1:59 PM
Sunday, July 20, 2008
SO I must have gotten the box sometime yesterday but didn't notice it until
this AM on my front porch.
I had no idea! Such a great surprise at 6:30am on a Sunday, huh?
Anyway, I got a great box full of goodies.
An orange nylon bag (with a Oprah Tag) -- great for grocery shopping
A green Contessa grocery bag.
A full bottle of Dove Supreme Body Wash
A full bottle of Wishbone Bountifuls Dressing
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers foundation
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
And a hand full of other samples (lotions, Almonds, flat earth chips, etc)
VERY COOL, huh?
I MUST thank Heather at Freebies 4 Mom as she is the wonderful person
who pointed me to the Oprah sweeps! Thanks Heather!!!
I better go enter some more sweeps! I'm feeling lucky! LOL!
Posted by Melissa at 7:14 AM
Friday, July 18, 2008
Just a couple sites I've looked over this week.
Cool site.. they a couple good deals each week along
with a freebie link.
large site with many links... coupons, freebies, good finds.
Another site with many links... great list of freebies.
SO, do you buy your fruits and veggies at the grocery? or at a local
Not sure if you have a local market? Check here:
I found 2 local farmer's Markets in Mobile, AL.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to check out at least one
of them. I'd love to get some homegrown tomatoes, squash
and whatever else I can find.
Posted by Melissa at 12:39 PM
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
First on the list today:
Posted by Melissa at 1:35 PM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Posted by Melissa at 10:32 AM
Monday, July 14, 2008
I learned today ... I don't know as much as I need to know about
plastic bags and how they are harming our earth.
CHECK out this:
JUST to reiterate a couple BIG points.....
1- It takes 12 million barrels of oil to produce the amount of plastic bags the US uses per year.It takes 12 million barrels of oil to produce the amount of plastic bags the US uses per year.
2- Plastic bags utilize nonrenewable resources, ultimately helping to drive up fuel prices.
3- A plastic shopping bag can take anywhere from 15 to 1000 years to decompose. In a compressed landfill, deprived of atmosphere to help them biodegrade, paper bags don't fare much better.
4. An estimated one million birds and 100,000 turtles and other sea animals die of starvation each year after ingesting discarded plastic bags which block their digestive tracks.
Couple places to get your bags... cause I know you want some now, RIGHT?
From The "Cent"sible Sawyer site:
With every $15 minimum donation to the National Park Foundation, they’ll send you an eco-friendly shopping bag and up to $20 in Unilever coupons! Go HERE
*Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Offer ends August 16, 2008
6 bags for 29.99
2- QwertyO's Shop (little produce bags)
3- Izznit's Shop (OH so stylin' bags made with Amy Butler fabric)
4- AND if you're looking for something super cheap... here ya go:
OR you could always make your own!
Posted by Melissa at 1:02 PM
So today I read that Publix is putting up a couple stores in the county
right next to where I live. I AM DOING A HAPPY DANCE TODAY!
This is wonderful wonderful news! If they are building in Baldwin county
now, hopefully they will move into Mobile county next.
(so as soon as these stores are up and running... every time I go to the
beach... I'll surely be doing a Publix run!)
We have a friend that works as a store manager for Food World
(I think as a part of Bi Lo)
But he was saying that Food World will probably not last that much longer.
Maybe Pubix will buy out the Food World stores... oh yes! I'm lovin' it!
Posted by Melissa at 8:27 AM
Friday, July 11, 2008
Here are a few meals we've had this week:
Hotdogs, chips and cole slaw
Marinated Pork Tenderloin, rice and broccoli
and for tonight...
Crockpot Cube Steak over Egg Noodles and a veggie (probably corn
since I have about 100 cans in the pantry)
Now I need to plan my menu for next week. I have a
few whole chickens in the freezer... any ideas?
Posted by Melissa at 6:03 AM
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
I've never been a huge fan of Crystal Light, but I was sent a free sample
Posted by Melissa at 4:02 PM