Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas of Dreams -- Day 3


Sponsors: Day Three Blog Party Question is Brought to you by


We are now at Day 3 of Christmas of Dreams hosted by MomDot.com
Bridgette has reminded us that we are only 40 days away from Christmas. Crazy!
Today's Question:
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? Do you budget for the holidays? Do you always stick to your budget? Share with us any budgeting tips you may have!
Started? Heck, I'm almost finished. I started shopping back in the summer. I hit Target for their "end of Summer" sale. We are on quite a tight budget, so I had to start early. This year I've tried "earning" extra $$ for Christmas by selling off some things on Ebay, by doing surveys, working a little overtime, and submitting for rebates.
Right now the only gifts I need to get are for the men in our family as I always find them hard to buy for. So if you have any good ideas for a highly intelligent 10 year old, a 70ish grandpa; I would love to hear your suggestions.
BTW, all gifts are being paid with cash or they are homemade. I can't tell you too much about the homemade gifts in fear that one of my family members might find actually read my blog. HA!

12 comments:

Shasta 10:45 AM  

The men in my family are always the last I buy for too. It's so much easier to get the girls. Guys are just so hard to buy for!

Karen Coutu 12:40 PM  

I agree that men are really hard to buy for. How about a computer game for the 10yr old? Or magazine subscriptions?

Karen of the MomDot Street Team
www.MomDot.com

Tena 1:53 PM  

men in my family are tough too and there are only two I shop for, my hubby and my brother ( who has everything)!

FreeStyleMama - Diana 2:14 PM  

My lips are sealed! I won't tell anyone in your family! I love how this blog party is connecting all of us! BUT I am NOT ready for the holidays to arrive!!

Check out the new Family FotoFun Friday feature on my blog~ http://dianas-daily-ramblings.blogspot.com/

Staci A 2:34 PM  

I always get the boys in the family books or coffee. Seems the two things they enjoy the most.

Anonymous 4:53 PM  

I always buy for the men last too. They're so difficult! Why couldn't they like bath and body products? Or pretty jewelry? lol

Miss Blondie 2:46 PM  

yup, the men are the worst! I'm just about done shopping too!!

Momstart 3:33 PM  

I have been doing surveys and rebates and whatever I can think of for a little extra income, what is your favorite survey site?

Unknown 4:15 PM  

i usually pawn the guys' gifts off on hubs. i just can't figure out what they would like. except my dad- i always get him a gift card to his favorite golf course, for a round of golf. he loves it and looks forward to it every year!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind 6:06 PM  

You are so organized. I like all the ideas on how you are getting extra cash. Got to love Ebay.

Momstart 10:47 PM  

I hardly ever get anything for my husband, he can't stop getting himself stuff.

hippos toes 4:50 PM  

Sounds like you were very resourceful with Christmas this year. Target end of summer sale is a great idea! I love bargains, especially in these times!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP