Sunday, July 26, 2009

I'm trying


to get back into scrapping. I have ALL these supplies and ALL these photos...
so I'm trying!

I did this layout using the sketch challenge at http://52sketches52weeks.ning.com/
I really love the sketches at this site. Julie, the designer, does a great job!

This is Darlene and I met her at the crop I hosted last weekend. It was truly an honor to meet this strong and courageous woman. I will be walking for her in October. (and Happy to do it!)





Next... I did this layout using the challenge posted at a new blog named A La Carte. The 2 ladies running this challenge blog are UBER talented. It's worth visiting the blog just to check out their work!
http://alacartechallenge.blogspot.com/

This is the July Kool-Aid Challenge.

Here's their challenge:
Here in the Deep South, it's about 150 degrees in the shade in the middle of July. So, we are always trying to stay cool. Sipping iced tea, licking a popsicle, lounging in the pool (even if it is a whopping 20" deep), and slurping homemade ice cream. This menu is about all things cool!

Menu:

1. Use turquoise, red, and yellow.
2. Use a popsicle stick.
3. Use a clear embellishment.
4. Use a circular layout.
5. Use a number in your title.
6. Use a handcut embellishment.

Directions: Choose at least three menu items for your challenge. Email your layout to fasylvia_6@yahoo.com before midnight CST July29th. Please include your name and title of your layout in your email. A winner will be drawn and announced on August 1st.


And my last one for now. I used the sketch challenge at http://creativescrappers.blogspot.com/

Sketch #62

I tried out my new bottle of glimmer mist... love that red color!


And one last thing... I won some goodies from Sassafras.
(In this post -- close to the bottom.. http://sassafras.typepad.com/sassafras/2009/07/friday.html) So awesome! They just emailed me this week... I'm so excited to
see what I get. All for keeping that cute little bunny icon on my blog!

2 comments:

3Spoons 12:29 AM  

Awesome job my friend!!! You are so talented. I am wanting to scrapbook again and am trying to get motivated...inspired again. Will be packing up a bunch of stuff to put into storage and I sure don't want to do it....want to use it!!!

holly 7:35 AM  

Great work Melissa (as always). I'm like you and almost always start a layout with a sketch. I actually got some scrapping done over the weekend as well - yay! I took photos of them but haven't posted to my blog quite yet.
Congrats on winning the goodies!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP