Tuesday, May 13, 2008

CVS is so Cool!

I know, kinda dorky. BUT with my new frugal plans, I've started CVSing!
You start with a CVS Extra Card ... scan the ads from the Sunday paper.
Match up sales with coupons and Bam! You can make some $ by just shopping!

This is what I did today.
I bought
1 Box Reeces Cookies $2.00
2 Bags Hershey's Bliss chocolates 2x4.29=$8.58
2 Glade Air Fresheners 2x.97 =$1.94
1 Barbasol shaving cream .97
1 Intuition Plus Razor $9.99
2 Hawaiian Tropic Lip Balm 2x1.99=$3.98

TOTAL OF $27.46
-----------------------------------------------------------------
coupons
.75 off Reeces Cookies
4.29 off for BOGO Hershey's Bliss
.97 off for BOGO Glade Air Fresh
4.00 off for Intuition Razor
4.00 off for Purchase of $20 at CVS
------------------------------------------------------------------
total coupons $14.01
------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL after coupons $13.45
plus tax 1.23
------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL out of Pocket $14.68


BUT here's the good Part!
I purchased things that give
back CVS bucks.

$5.00 ECB for purchasing $10.00 worth of Hershey's chocolate
$6.00 ECB for purchasing the Razor
$10.00 ECB for purchasing 2 Hawaiian Tropic products
=============
$21.00 ECB to spend the next time I go to CVS

SO the way I see it... I made $6.32 for shopping at CVS.

3 comments:

elizabeth 8:07 AM  

hey melissa!
first, thanks for stopping by my blog!

secondly, i saw this deal on www.freebies4mom.com (great site if you don't know about it) with the hawaiin tropics and saw so many people say they couldn't find it. i'll def. have to check mine out.

if you need any good sites to go, email me at emma81399(at)aol(dot)com and we can dish :)

Lynnise 1:22 AM  

Hey girl, I totally get the "frugal" thing, Jeff is in construction, so we are living on a shoestring right now. so what is this sight you are talking about I could use all the help I can get!

elizabeth 9:18 AM  

hey girlie girl...stop by my blog :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP