Friday, March 14, 2008

Scrap4Life - Week 2 - “Transparency”


So, I made it to Week 2 of the scrap contest
over at Scrap 4 Life.
This week the challenge is to to create a layout that has prominent use of some kind of clear element in the design—transparencies, ghost letters, acrylic items, ...

So here is my layout...
Used: Bazzill CS
OScraps Digital kit "In This Moment" by A Neal. (the teal graph paper was printed on a transparency)
The butterflies were created using a brush from http://dead-brushes.deviantart.com/ -- then printed on a transparency and cut out -- and adhered with staples.
Title letters are by Basic Grey -- colored with black sharpie.
Lace from Jo-Anns
Few pieces of PP -- KI Memories and Gin-x

So the photos are of Lukas
The top one was taken the day he was brought home from the hospital.. I think around 4 days old... March 05. The bottom one was taken recently.
So, whatcha think?

There's a LOT of great talent in this contest, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was bumped off this week. Either way.. it's made me happy to create 2 layouts that I really like. Plus Scrap 4 Life is a super friendly site... so it's all good!

3 comments:

Lynnise 10:39 PM  

AWwwwwwww this is so precious you are TOTALLY gonna move on! Keep us posted on how you're doing- Your other baseball layout is awesome too!

Anonymous 6:27 PM  

I LOVE the use of transparency on this layout. I would have never thought to print pp onto it. And then the butterfly, too awesome! Great Job!

Nicole 9:36 PM  

this layout is so cute and I love the butterflies... hope you keep right on moving on!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Greenery' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP